Information Systems Technology
Salary Range: $97,465 - $165,690
Deadline: 11:59 p.m. December 18, 2022
Chesterfield County Government is seeking an Enterprise Architect to perform the following:
Facilitate the Enterprise Architecture Practice
Advance and Promote Adoption of Enterprise Architecture Policies, Procedures and Work Standards that ensure a consistent technology framework is applied in support of achieving simplicity, improved security & risk management, cost efficiency, and enabling increased productivity.
Execute Strategic Technology Planning Process
Guide development and assure ongoing maintenance of technology strategies, blueprints, and roadmaps in line with business priorities and objectives.
Develop and Maintain Reference Architectures and Design Patterns
Partner with business and technology subject-matter experts to elicit and translate business requirements into composable architecture designs and technological solutions, with particular focus on:
• Hosted, Cloud and Hybrid Infrastructure
• Application Development/AI/ML/Low Code
• Social & Collaboration platforms
• Mobility Services & Solutions
• Data & Information Analytics
• Geospatial Information Systems and Integrations
Identify, Assess and Recommend Emerging Technology Solutions and Innovations
Analyzes industry, technology, and market trends to determine their potential opportunities and resulting impacts on the enterprise and to inform directional architecture blueprints, roadmaps, and investment priorities.
Leads Enterprise Architectural Review Board
Establishes and facilitates a standing cross-functional review board to evaluate project proposals to promote architectural fit and security by design.
Provide Regular Consultative Support for Business Technology Projects
Consults with program/project teams to promote alignment and fit of solutions within the enterprise architecture fabric by regularly partnering with other IT service delivery functions to provide scalable designs and adaptable architectural solutions. Perform other work as required.
PLEASE NOTE: Must maintain personal mobile technology as a condition of employment.
Position open until filled (first review to begin October 31, 2022).
This position is a part of an approved Career Development Plan (CDP) and offers career progression opportunities and salary incentives, as funding permits, based on performance, qualifications, and experience.
The Enterprise Architect will possess the following:
• Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, engineering, and/or progressive IT application development and business management experience; 10 years or greater experience successfully architecting, developing, and integrating complex business-focused solutions at scale; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Demonstrated EA program leadership and successful delivery experience in federated operating environment(s), including:
1. Experience building strategic technology plans and roadmaps
2. Experience designing, integrating, and managing complex, hybrid infrastructure and technology-based solutions (e.g. public, private and hybrid cloud, hosted and co-located infrastructure, SDLC, development, product management, data and information management, UX/CX, etc.,)
3. Comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering
4. Demonstrated experience with business process and performance modeling, benchmarking, and outcome-based financial analysis
• Strong communications skills, verbal, written and presentation, with experience conveying information and engaging at all levels of staff and management
• Relevant local, state, or federal government specific experience preferred
• Pre-employment drug testing, FBI criminal background check, and education/degree verification required. This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent criminal background check.
A Chesterfield County application is required and must be submitted online by deadline.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion