Site Reliability Engineer
The Product Operations group is a global team responsible for providing operational support of the company's Cloud, SaaS, ASP and hosted solutions. You will be tasked with coordinating and driving to resolution incidents that can span a wide breadth of technical hurdles. In addition to proficiency in the technologies described below, those who excel in this role have the willingness and ability to jump in and learn new technologies quickly. Will be comfortable working with a diverse set of technologies and can move between them quickly.
• Support new cloud and hosted web based applications running on LINUX and Windows, utilizing JBoss, Tomcat, Outsystems, MySQL, Oracle and MS SQL Server.
• Play a critical support leadership role in managing the operations of the environments and ensures this is done in accordance with established procedures and best practices.
• Implement, monitor, refresh and perform disaster prevention and recovery tasks on all supported applications.
• Facilitate the operational readiness of products and environments within the organization.
• Work within the team to ensure and maintain the stability of our environment.
• Must have extensive with RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) experience.
• Knowledge of web technologies IE: JBoss, Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server, WebSphere, etc.).
• Knowledge of relational database systems – MySQL, SQL Server 2005/2008/2012, Oracle 11 and Oracle RAC.
• Strong knowledge of LDAP design and implementation, and Windows networking.
• Knowledge and experience administering multi-platform operating system environments (Windows and LINUX).
• Working knowledge of networking systems and protocols, firewalls and TCP/IP networks, standards, and architectures.
• Hands-on knowledge of load balancers and firewalls desired. In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and IP routing protocols.
• Scripting/programming experience in Puppet, PowerShell, PERL, .NET, or UNIX Shell a plus.
• Experience with Storage Management Solutions (SAN, NAS, etc.) a plus.
- provided by Dice Linux Unix