- Required Application Type
- School Related Personnel
- Job Description
The Addison Central School District has an opening in the Facilities department:
Groundskeeper - Full-Time, 12 Month Position
Requirements: Must have a high school diploma or GED; a valid New York State Driver’s License, some experience in park or grounds maintenance activities or mechanical experience are preferred but not required.
JOB GOAL: To perform routine work requiring only limited experience in grounds maintenance work and routine mechanical duties which require physical endurance and willingness to perform manual tasks; perform related duties as required.
- Civil Service Title
- Job Qualifications
Typical work activities include but are not limited to:
Under direct supervision, to perform grounds keeping duties in a variety of skilled and semi-skilled manual work on grounds maintenance activities and all other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Facilities. Under direct supervision, duties require the use of judgment in performing work caring for public buildings; employees in this job classification are responsible for the cleanliness of a section of a school building assigned to them, performing maintenance duties, and other laboring tasks.
1. Mow lawns, trim hedges, roll, reseed and fertilize lawns and care for trees, shrubs, and flowers.
2. Remove snow and ice from sidewalks, driveways, etc.
3. Operate a variety of grounds maintenance equipment.
4. Participate in the maintenance of recreational area.
5. Perform a variety of related grounds maintenance tasks.
6. Set up and remove furniture for special affairs.
7. Secure windows and doors after cleaning assigned areas.
8. Remove snow or rakes leaves in immediate vicinity of buildings.
9. Paint areas not requiring specific painting skills and/or knowledge.
10. Other duties as assigned.
- Application Procedure
*** All positions require fingerprint clearance through New York State Education Department & Background Check ***
Interested candidates should apply through the link found at the Addison RecruitFront page, register account, and apply for "Groundskeeper."
Interested candidates should also complete a Civil Service application; use this link - https://www.addisoncsd.org/cms/lib/NY01913493/Centricity/Domain/30/CivilServiceApp.pdf . An original copy of this Civil Service application must be delivered to the School District Office and signed in blue ink, at 7 Cleveland Drive, Suite 101 Addison NY, 14801.
Rich Everly, School Business Administrator
Addison Central School District
7 Cleveland Drive, Suite 101
All information is subject to verification and administrative approval.
- Job Category
- Job Location